True Food's Tuscan Kale Salad.. A Fave of Mine
Updated: Jun 19, 2020
Alright you guys, I live for this salad... It's just so light and refreshing and obviously packed full of goodness and health benefits. It's super easy to make, so that's always a bonus! Also, since spring and summer are coming up, this is a perfect light meal that won't leave you feeling bloated! Enjoy!
-4-6 cups loosely packed, sliced leaves of black (Italian or Lacinato) Kale (remove the midribs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3-4 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot red pepper flakes to taste
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino Toscano cheese or Asiago works well too
- 1/2 cup freshly grated bread crumbs
1. Whisk together the lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a generous pinch of the red pepper flakes.
2. Massage the kale leaves a bit to soften them up.
3.. Pour over the kale salad in a serving bowl and toss well.
4. Add 2/3 of the cheese and toss again.
5. Let the kale sit for about 5-10 minutes and then add the breadcrumbs.
6. Toss again and then top with the remaining cheese!
* You can always top with your favorite protein like grilled chicken, salmon or steak!